Ad

Monday 23 September 2013

Skincare Routine - Masks and Treatments



So today's post is part 3 of my 3 part skincare posts. If you missed Morning Skincare Routine and Evening Skincare Routine then make sure you check them out!


I don't use my masks nearly as often as I should but now while writing this post, I've decided to make an attempt to use them more! 



This one is an exfoliating treatment rather than a mask but the great thing is it doesn't contain any particles at all, so it isn't harsh and doesn't irritate the skin. It's a gel formula that you massage into dry skin and let the enzymes get to work, you then continue massaging it in and the dry skin just rubs off! It's quite a strange (and gross) experience the first time you try it but it works so well you soon get used to it. It leaves skin feeling really soft and fresh.



This is a brilliant mask, I usually put it on in the evening instead of a night cream and just leave it to do its thing over night. It goes on clear so apart from a bit of a sheen it doesn't even look like I'm wearing a mask. It leaves skin feeling soft and plumped up and keeps and dry patches at bay. Plus it's a light jelly like consistency so it doesn't clog pores like some ricer formulas do.


Sephora - Gentle Exfoliator Cleansing Cream

So as the name suggests this is actually a cream cleanser, but as it can't be used around the eye area and it contains skin smoothing AHAs I use it as a mask instead. I find that way I'm giving the ingredients a chance to work. I leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wipe it off with a warm, damp flannel. It's really moisturising as well as exfoliating so it leaves skin feeling soft and nourished. 



This one is a great quick fix for tired and dull skin, or if you just want your skin to look more radiant. It's great to use  just before a night out or big even as the effects are immediate and it doesn't leave any redness. I try to save this one for special occasions and it's nearly finished! I'm dreading the day I run out! It's a two step process, the first is in the top, it's a foam formula that you apply over the skin without rubbing it in and let it do it's thing. It makes little bubbling noises and slowly all the bubbles pop, you then rinse it off, pat skin dry and apply the second step. The detoxifying creme concentrate that's in a little pot at the bottom, and it leaves skin glowing. I bought it to use before my wedding and I'm so glad I did!




This is the newest mask in my little collection and I haven't been using it long enough to decide how well it works. It's a sticky gel that you apply on your T-zone or anywhere your prone to getting blackheads, give it 15 minutes to dry and then peel it off. It claims to remove blackheads and unclog pores as it's peeled off so I'll have to let you know how I get on with it!


What are your favourite Face Masks?












SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Great post! I like the sound of the body shop mask! I love the origins drink up intensive overnight mask, the aesop parsley seed mask and the cellilux glacial mineral gel xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tempted by the Body Shop one!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. try out a sample if you can, it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the parsley seed one, it's at the top of my wishlist along with the Ren Glyco Lactic one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recommendations, thank you! I need to boost my skincare collection!

    Just to let you know, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award (there is a post about it on my blog, if you have time for a read) :)

    http://dreamsarelexiesreality.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lexie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for nominating me! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig