Ad

Thursday 5 September 2013

Review - Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation



I never thought I would actually find the perfect foundation for me, definitely not one that ticks all the boxes but that does seem to be the case. I've never come across any reviews of Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation on blogs, which is where the ideas for most of my purchases come from. 


It came from a casual browse on a Clinique counter a while ago, I was looking at their Even Better foundations but I couldn't find a shade that was quite right for me. One was a bit to dark and another a bit too light, so the lady on the counter took out testers from all their foundation lines and tried to find me one that was slap bang in the middle. This is what appeared. I went home, sample in hand but a little disappointed. I had wanted the Even Better Foundation after all. 


After my first use I was amazed, the consistency wasn't the usual liquidy formula I'm used to, but a richer cream texture not dissimilar to a rich day cream or a lighter night cream.


I dabbed a few dots around my face and blended it in with my trusty Real Techniques Buffing Brush, it sunk into the skin really well leaving my skin tone looking a lot more even but you just couldn't tell I had any makeup on at all. I went for a bit more. . . and a bit more . . . and a bit more, this stuff is seriously buildable! I found dabbing/pressing it with the brush  onto areas that need a bit more coverage worked really well. By the time I was done I had a completely flawless complexion and even under close inspection you couldn't see that I had any makeup on! 


The finish, as you would expect with the name, is 'perfectly real'. Not too matte, not too dewy, it really looks like skin. It wears really well throughout the day as well, when I put it on in the morning, it's just as I left it in the evening. It doesn't go shiny or cling to any dry patches, perfect for my combination skin. 


When Erik got home a few hours later he said that my 'skin looks very nice today', surely the ultimate complement to a foundation. It wasn't long before I picked up a full tube of the stuff!


What is your favourite foundation?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! We need to spread the word!!

      Delete
  2. This looks really good? Do you recommend this for acne-prone skin, does it clog your pores?

    http://byjimmy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! I sometimes get congested pores around my nose with some foundations but this one is absolutely fine. I would recommend using the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser from The Body Shop under it, which is what I've been doing. I did a full review of that here if you want to have a look

      http://peonyandpeach.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/review-body-shop-tea-tree-pore-minimiser.html

      If you're still unsure about the foundation I'd suggest going to a counter and asking for a sample to try it out yourself, everyones skin is different after all so something that might work for one person might not work for another. Hope that helps! xx

      Delete
  3. Im currently hunting for some new foundation! So thanks for sharing your opinions of this one! Might have to pick up a tester!


    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob! Let me know how you get on with it! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig