Ad

Sunday 22 September 2013

Evening Skincare Routine



So yesterday I did a post all about my morning skincare routine, and today is all about my evening skincare routine. 


Cleanse

To start with I use my trusty coconut oil, I massage one pump into the skin and it completely breaks down all makeup. I then wipe it all away with a warm, damp flannel. (I did a full post on  the uses of coconut oil which you can see here)

I then go in for a second cleanse with Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk (full review here) to get my skin feeling really clean and soft. I use it in the same way as the coconut oil, massage on, warm flannel off.


Tone

I then spray the Sephora Softening Facial Mist over my face. It's barely scented at all so it's nice and relaxing last thing at night. It also gives skin a bit of a moisture boost and it means that my Caudalie Beauty Elixir lasts a bit longer!

  


Serum

As a serum I've been trying out Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, which I got a few very generous samples of when I bought my Ultra Facial Moisturiser Sunscreen. So far I absolutely love it! It's a runny oil consistency and it smells amazing as it contains lavender oil, a few tiny drops massaged into skin at night means I wake up to soft plumped  up skin come morning. The great thing about this is you need so little that it lasts such a long time. 


Eyes

As an eye cream I've been using Clarins 'Special' Eye Contour Balm for a while now and I absolutely love it. Again, you only need the tiniest amount so this tube will last me forever, I got it almost a year ago and I've barely made a dent in it! It's super moisturising which is great for me as I can sometimes get dry skin around the eye area, particularly in the colder months. If my eyes are feeling particularly dry then I use it in the daytime as well.


Moisturise

As a night cream I've been using Clarins HydraQuench Cream for Normal to Dry Skin, it isn't specifically a night cream but it's been working really well for me. It's a medium formula (not too light, not too rich) and sinks into the skin fairly quickly. I got it as a gift with purchase but I'll definitely be purchasing it when it's finished, possibly to use as a day cream! 


What do use in your evening skincare routine?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ive heard so much about using coconut oil on your face so it must work well :)

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is brill, and it's soo cheap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be looking for a new eye cream soon! I currently use one by korres that has lasted forever-- mainly because I often forget to use it (whoops!) but also because you do only need the smallest amount!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely recommend the Clarins one! I've never tried any of Korres skincare, will have to look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt23 September 2013 at 09:39

    The Clarins eye contour balm is a really lovely product, very pleasant to wear! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, and it doesn't sting when my skin gets super sensitive

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig