Ad

Friday 6 September 2013

Empties #2




I didn't think I got through products very quickly, but obviously I was wrong as I'm onto my 2nd empties post already! I always enjoy reading empties posts on beauty blogs, its all very well liking something but the real test is weather or not it gets repurchased.  





Another empties post, another empty Soap and Glory body scrub! I really enjoyed using Sugar Crush, it smelt absolutely amazing! Like fresh lime and vanilla, and it left the bathroom scented for hours afterwards. As for the effectiveness of the scrub, it was really good, scrubby enough, and left skin feeling moisturised but without an oily residue. Going on scent alone this is my favourite scrub but for effectiveness I'd probably say I prefer Flake Away

Repurchase? Probably will at some point, but there are a few other Soap and Glory scrubs that I haven't tried yet that I'll try out first!  



Unfortunately I didn't get on too well with this one, I took it away with me to France and Italy back in june. When I sprayed it on the first time, it filled the air with a really strong alcohol smell. I checked the ingredients and sure enough, the first ingredient on the list was alcohol. I tried to power through and use it anyway and by the end of my holiday my skin was absolutely parched and any body butter I put on just sank straight in and it was dry again! I've learnt my lesson now, always check the ingredients list when it comes to sun protection! 

Repurchase? Definitely not! 



I love the smell of lavender, cliche, but I find it very relaxing. I put a few drops into my oil burner in the evening after a particularly stressful day and it really chills me out! A few drops in the bath also works really well and scents the whole house! 

Repurchase? Definitely, but I'm not too fussed about what brand it's from.



Always forget to take care of your cuticles? Me too. This makes it slightly easier for the times when you do remember, just twist the bottom and a bit of product is dispensed into the brush at the top, a quick swipe and you're done. I keep it with my nail varnishes and it always gets used post polish so I'm thinking if I move it to my bedside table it might get used a bit more! It smells like lavender and is really moisturising!

Repurchase? Already have done!





A facial exfoliator that's gentle enough for everyday, I used it 2-3 times per week and it worked well. Got rid of congestion and made my face feel fresh and smooth. Perfect nice, but I'm swapping manual exfoliators for AHA liquid exfoliators! More on that soon.

Repurchase? No 



I bought this last year when my skin was going through an dry and sensitive phase. I really had to force myself to finish it, I hate throwing things away! It would probably work for you if you had extremely severe dry skin, but if you just want something moisturising to plum up your skin and keep dry patches at bay then this probably isn't for you. My main issue with this was that it left quite a thick residue that just didn't sink in. I needed to cleanse a few times just to get the residue off and ended up using it on my legs in the end!

Repurchase? No



I really enjoyed using this, think of it as a poor man's girl's Caudalie Beauty Elixir, now I'm not saying it's as nice, I've yet to find something that is, but it is very good. It has a very subtle scent and is really refreshing, it also moisturises the skin and makes it look nice and dewy.

Repurchase? Yes





I've tried a lot of products from the All Soft range and I've been really pleased with all of them, this one is no exception. I find a lot of conditioners to be thin and watery but this ones definitely got some substance to it. It's a great quick fix for when your hair is looking a bit lacklustre. 

Repurchase? Yes, and I'm very fussy about conditioners!



An intense conditioning mask that's especially formulated for  dry, course hair with a tendency to get frizzy, this is the best conditioner I have ever tried! It's seriously amazing stuff, it has a very thick, almost balm like texture. I like to towel dry my hair after shampooing it, comb a blob of this through (a little goes a long way), leave it in for 20 minutes and then rinse it out. It leaves hair feeling unbelievably soft and smooth, this is my fourth pot of the stuff!

Repurchase? Definitely! I can't see anything replacing this anytime soon!



This is a multi use hair oil you can put in as a treatment pre-wash or pre blowdry as a serum. It speeds up drying and makes it feel soft and moisturised. I've been using this for a while and I really like it, a bottle lasts ages!

Repurchase? Maybe, there are a few others I want to try first!


Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love my sugar crush scrub, best smell ever no wonder youve used your up :)

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sad when it finished! :( I think I'm going to try out The Breakfast Scrub next!

      Delete
  2. The Kerastase Hair Oil is one of the best I've ever tried x

    9 out of ten | follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I keep repurchasing it so I haven't tried many others!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig