Ad

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Streamlined Skincare



I went for a weekend away not long ago and instead of lugging my usually skincare products around with me, I decided to take along some of the samples I'm always stashing away. I though it would be a good idea to write this post afterwards, so that way I could actually tell you what I thought of the products and wether or not I'll be tempted into buying the full size equivalents in the future. 


Ren EverCalm Gentle Cleansing Milk was the first sample, which I got free along with the other Ren products in this months InStyle magazine (more on that here). It's a great cleansing milk which does everything you'd want it to do, removes makeup, throughly cleanses and leaves skin feeling soft. It also has a rich texture and delicate herby fragrance that make it a pleasure to use. I have in fact bought this cleanser in the past and definitely will again, and it's great for sensitive skin.


I've heard so many great things about the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner as was eager to try it for myself. I can honestly say it is well and truly worth the hype! It's a toner that contains exfoliating AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) which break down the surface layer of dead skin cells without the need for abrasive particles. After just a few days it leaves skin feeling softer and smoother. A full size bottle is at the very top of my shopping list!


Next up is Chanel Radiance Revealing Serum, this is great if you think of it more as an under moisturiser primer and less as an actual serum. In terms of skincare benefits, this did nothing for me, but that could also be because with it being a sample size, I didn't use it for long enough to see any benefits. What I did notice about it was that it contained the tiniest light reflecting particles, so when it was smoothed onto the skin it made imperfections appear blurred and also left skin feeling (temporarily) soft. It looked great under makeup in the day time but I didn't bother using it at night. I'd possibly consider buying this for a special occasion but definitely not anytime soon ass it's quite expensive for what it is.


To soothe puffy, tired eyes, I used Ren Vita Mineral Active 7 Eye Gel both in the mornings and evenings. It cooled down the skin, definitely had a depuffing effect and didn't sting my eyes one bit (a lot of eye creams do). I'd definitely consider buying this in the future but not right away as I already have a couple on the go. 


To moisturise I used Ren EverCalm Global Protection Day Cream. I know it's a day cream but I also used it at night. It seemed to leave a nice enough finish for day but also somehow still managed to be rich enough as a night cream. It left skin feeling incredibly soft and plumped up. The only box this doesn't tick is that it unfortunately doesn't contain sun protection, but seeing as most of my foundations do anyway, I'm more than willing to let that slide for this lovely moisturiser. This is definitely going to be the next moisturiser I buy!


Do you like to 'try before you buy'?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig