Ad

Friday 18 October 2013

Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes



I don't get to bake often, but when I do, I like to go all out! Last weekend I had a bit of a girls weekend so I thought it was the perfect opportunity! I've made Strawberry Cheesecake cupcakes a few times before, but I thought I'd try out something different and make them with raspberries instead! So anyway, here's how I made them!


You'll need (for 12):

For The Base

4 Digestive Biscuits 
100g Butter


For The Sponge

115g Butter
115g Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
115g Self Raising Flour
1 tbs Milk


For the Topping 

60g Raspberries 
10g Sugar
200g Cream Cheese


To Make the base, melt the butter, smash up the biscuits and mix it all together. Spoon the mixture into the cases and flatten, them leave them in the fridge to set. 




In another bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Beat the eggs in, one by one, then sift in the flour and fold it in. Stir in the vanilla and milk. Spoon the mixture into the cases over the biscuit base, distributing evenly, just make sure you don't overfill the cases! Bake them for 15 minutes in a 180 degree oven. 




To make the topping, place your raspberries and sugar in a bowl and microwave for about a minute, take them out and mash them up. Mix in the cream cheese and leave the mixture to cool.


Once your cupcakes and topping have both completely cooled you can get icing! I just smeared mine on with a knife and popped a raspberry on the top, but if you're feeling adventurous, why not try piping it on! Enjoy!











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig