Ad

Thursday 10 October 2013

FOTD #1




I've always loved reading Face of the Day posts but never felt quite brave enough to do one. Today I felt a bit brave so I said, why not? bit the bullet, and went for it! I thought for my first one I'd keep it simple and show you a look I've been wearing a lot lately. It's my version of an autumnal look with berry lips and cheeks.  




So here's what I used! I started with L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer which I spoke a bit about in my Project Use Up post. It takes a bit of working in with fingers but smoothes out the skin and makes makeup last all day. 

I then worked The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation in 408 Rose Caramel into my skin using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, this foundation is quite thick so I always remove any excess from the brush first. It gives a good finish and moisturises dry skin.

Next I hid dark under eye circles using the tiniest bit of MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45, a little goes a long way with this concealer so use it sparingly under the eyes, too much and it will just crease. I apply it with the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, which is perfect because you can really get into the corner under the eye where most of the darkness is. 

I then dusted on some of Benefit's Dallas Blusher onto cheeks and into the cheekbone hollows, it's a dusky plum colour so it really brightens up the face as well as bringing out cheekbones. I then added a bit of Sephora Highlighting Compact Powder in Golden onto the tops of cheekbones and along the centre on the nose, all using the Eco Tools Blusher Brush and that's face done!




I kept eyes simple by filling in any sparse areas of my brows in with Avon Glimmerstick Brow Definer in Soft Black. I then added a touch of the highlighter to my brow bone using the Sephora 27 Pro Blending Brush, put on a quick swipe of Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in 01 Intense Black and lashings of Avon Superextend Extreme Mascara

To complete the look I applied Avon Ultra Colour Rich Mega Impact Lipstick in Divine Wine. I'm really loving this colour at the moment, I've been wearing it constantly as the formula is really comfortable to wear and it has good lasting power! 


What do you think of this look?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. gorgeous! your skin looks so flawless and that lip color looks so good on you!


    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's so sweet! My skin is actually very far from flawless, I'm wearing a LOT of foundation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your way of writing!

    http://themandevillesisters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benefits Dallas Blusher looks SO amazing! Is this your favourite blusher of all time? :) let me know!!

    My Current Giveaway: RiRi Hearts
    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I really love it, it's definitely up there in my top 5 but my all time favourite is definitely Nars Orgasm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, the lipstick is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty! That lip color looks great on you.


    Kendra


    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig