Ad

Saturday 5 October 2013

Bedside Beauty



Today I thought I'd share with you the beauty bits that live on my bedside table. I don't use all of them everyday but I like to have them to hand for when I do. 


First up is my Decorware Inc Milk Bath Remedy Candle in Sugared Hibiscus which I picked up from TK Maxx a while ago for 3.99. I can't seem to find a link anywhere to buy these online so if anyone knows where you can get them please let me know! This has a lovely sweet flowery scent that's really delicate and not at all sickly. I find burning candles before bedtime very relaxing just remember to turn them off before you fall asleep! 


If I've had a long day and just want to crash I tend to go for the Avon Naturals Lavender and Camomile Room and Linen Spray instead as the results are instant and I don't have to worry about accidentally setting the house on fire! This isn't your traditional straight up lavender scent, the addition of camomile really does add a certain something too it. I've been using this for a long time now and it's a smell that I now strongly associate with sleep, it really does help me drift off! I usually spray a couple of spritzes into the air and one onto my pillow for good measure!


Next up is my Ted Baker Hand Cream, I always have a hand cream on my bedside table, I like to try different ones and I'm not hugely fussy. This one smells nice but I'm not sure it really does much. It keeps my hands feeling soft till I wash them but once I do the skin feels really tight and parched again. I suspect the formula is full of mineral oil but I can't be sure because the tube doesn't have the ingredients listed on it. 


Lip Balm is my other bedside table essential as I always put some on every night without fail. This one is the Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose, I bought this after hearing lots of rave reviews about it on beauty blogs and I completely get why everyone loves it so much. It smells delicious, just like a yummy, creamy raspberry yoghurt! It's also super moisturising and leaves my lips feeling nice and soft come morning. My only niggle with this product? It leaves a bit of a pale cast on the lips, if you are very fair you can probably get away with it but if I put too much on I can be left looking a bit like a cricketer. Not a good look! For this reason I stick to just using it at night!


Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind is an aromatherapy product in a gel formula. It has a really relaxing and soothing minty scent and is designed to be applied to pulse points and inhaled for instant calm. This is something I would never have bought for myself but it was a gift (actually it was a gift to Erik but he had no idea what it was and I promptly stole it!), but I absolutely love it! It's great after a stressful day to help calm down and it also has another great use I recently discovered. If I feel a headache coming on, I just use this and it seems to just nip it in the bud! 


Avon Nail Experts Conditioning Cuticle Pen is a much cheaper alternative to the Nails Inc version this is a simple and easy to use cuticle oil. You simple twist the bottom and the product is dispensed into the brush at the top, all you have to do is swipe it on. This really helps keep cuticles looking tidy and moisturised and encourages healthy nail growth. I wasn't using this nearly enough before as it was just bunged in with all my varnishes and I forgot about it, now that it has a new home it's being used a lot more and I've seen a huge improvement in my nails! 


Other things I have on my bedside table are a little trinket box I put my jewellery into before bed, an ipod dock which also charges my phone and whatever book/magazine I happen to be reading. I'm currently reading Story of a Shipwrecked Sailor by my favourite author Gabriel Garcia Marques and I'm really enjoying it! 


What beauty bits do you keep on your bedside table? 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt5 October 2013 at 09:56

    I've also got a cuticle balm on my bedside together with my favourite Clarins hand cream - it kind of marks the end of every day :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they're all purple haha great post :)

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Clarins hand cream, that one's in my handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That's actually completely unintentional!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig