Ad

Thursday 13 February 2014

REVIEW: Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in 56 Imaginaire




If ever I had to pick just one lip gloss to wear for the rest of all time, obviously such a situation will never occur so we're talking hypothetical here, I would definitely choose the Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in 56 Imaginaire. Described as 'a gloss with the colour intensity of a lipstick' the formula is great, it isn't sticky and doesn't cling to any dry patches on the lips, in fact, it hydrates them leaving them feeling a lot softer than they were before, thanks to the added shea butter, canola oil and vitamin E.




It comes in super sleek black packaging with the gold Chanel logo at the top, it just feels so luxe! It has a traditional doe foot applicator, as with most glosses, and I find the formula lasts really well, about 3 - 4 hours which I think is pretty good for a gloss.




My choice of shade is a lovely sheer pinky peach with warm undertones, it's very flattering and is definitely the old cliche 'my lips but better shade'. I find it completes any makeup look from minimal to a full blown smokey eye. It's such an easy to wear shade that I can quite happily swipe it on without a mirror. 


I could quite happily wear this gloss everyday, but at the cost of £25.00, I don't want to go through it too quickly! So I'm on the hunt for a cheaper alternative (suggestions welcome!). When I do run this tube dry I'll definitely be repurchasing it and I also have my eye on a couple of the other shades in the range.  


In fact, I love this lip gloss so much, I wore it on my wedding day! What's your favourite lip gloss?


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Best lipgloss ever!

    You have a lovely blog!

    Please check out mine and follow. I will follow you back ;)

    http://bloglovin/atothechic
    http://www.atothechic.blogspot.com
    http://atothechic.com

    Thanks ;)

    Lois G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is gorgeous. I can see why you wore it on your wedding day :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :D I wish I could wear it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful shade. I actually only own one lip gloss and it's a chanel one too. They're a timeless brand x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I will do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They definitely are! I need to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig