Ad

Saturday 8 February 2014

REVIEW: Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte




A while ago I tried Avon eyeshadow for the first time, it was the 8 in 1 Eye Palette in 'The Nudes', full review here. I really liked the formula of the shadows as well as the colour range so I recently ordered their True Colour Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte. Although I love the other palette, it only contained 1 matte shade out of the total 8, so I was really pleased to see that this quad contained 2 matte shades.




The quad comes in a square compact that is a bit bulkier than I'd like, the 8 in 1 palette came in really sleek packaging, which was about the same size inspite of it containing double the amount of shadows. That said the quad does have a nice big mirror housed in the lid which is really handy. 




All of the shadows have a really soft formula, even the matte shades which often with cheaper brands can be a bit chalky. The pigmentation isn't the best I've come across but it's very buildable, especially if it's packed on with fingers. I find shadows with extremely high pigmentation can be difficult to blend out so these work really well for me. 


The 4 shadows are numbered from lightest to darkest to help remind you what order and where to apply them, but of course you can use them as you like to create lots of different looks. 




The first shade is a soft, light champagne colour with a shimmery finish which works really well under the brow bone as a highlight as well as in the inner corners of the eye.


Second is a completely matte, mid brown with cool, ashy undertones. It works amazingly well to fill in brows as well as in the crease for a very natural look.


The third is, of course, my favourite shade in the palette and the one I've been wearing almost non stop since I got it. It's a warmer version on the second colour but with a lovely shimmery finish. 
Unfortunately my photos and swatches don't quite do this shade justice, it really is stunning. I've been sweeping it all over the lid and finishing with a coat of mascara. 


The last shade is another matte, this time in a dark chocolate brown. It works really well in the outer corners paired with shade 3 for a more dramatic evening look, all over the lid or as a liner.


Have you tried any Avon eyeshadows? What did you think of them?



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks perfect! Thanks for sharing xo

    lettersfrombee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt8 February 2014 at 10:18

    I've tried a lot of the Avon products with varying success but this particular palette was a lovely positive surprise :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, they can be quite hit and miss. I'll definitely be getting this palette in a few more shades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a really good neutral palette, the colours are lovely!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love avon shadows!

    x

    http://thewearwithal.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolute the perfect neutrals quad, I wish I knew where to buy avon here in singapore! I'd use all four together for contrasting neutral lid! Just such pretty shades!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are, it's definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too, I need to try some more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sell online form their website but I'm not sure where all they ship to. Maybe it's worth checking?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig