Ad

Tuesday 4 February 2014

REVIEW: Batiste Dry Shampoo Big & Bouncy XXL Volume



Being a curly girl with quite thick hair means that blow-drying and straightening can be quite the epic task, so naturally I want my hair to last as long as possible between washes. Dry shampoo is of course the most obvious choice of product to reach for and as Batiste are probably the best known and most loved dry shampoo brand on the market I thought I'd give one of their products a go. I went for their Dry Shampoo Big & Bouncy XXL Volume in an attempt to get some lift in the roots, two birds one stone and all.


I really had quite high hopes for this product but unfortunately I didn't like it at all. It sprays out leaving a white/grey powder on the hair that you're supposed to massage in and brush out, which is standard with most dry shampoos really but I found with this one the greyish tint never fully disappeared. If you have blonde or light brown hair you probably wouldn't even notice it but on my jet black roots it was really visible.


As well as this I felt like it left my hair with a horrible feeling all day, like it was full of product buildup and just generally a bit yucky! In fact after I used it my hair felt worse than it had before! When it comes to a good dry shampoo I think making your hair feel light and fresh is really important and this just didn't do it for me.


Have you tried this product? WHat did you think of it?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt4 February 2014 at 11:29

    I really like Batiste, especially that there are so many lovely scents to choose from, and this really adds a lot of volume, perfect after a workout and to add texture :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the tropical scent of Batiste and really liked it! It's too bad you didn't get on with this one :(

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really didn't like it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I seem to be on my own with this one! I guess everyone's different! I much prefer the Lee Stafford one. Thanks for following :D

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig