Ad

Sunday 16 February 2014

Empties #6



It's empties time again, where I talk about what products I've used up lately and whether or not I'd repurchase them. I can't believe I'm on to the 6th one already! 


First up is the Avon Room & Linen Spray in Lavender and Chamomile, I've been using this stuff for ages and absolutely love it! I keep it on my bedside table and spritz a bit into the air before going to sleep, the scent is just so relaxing. Repurchase? Definitely


Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo Original is great to get a day or 2 more out of your blow-dry. It doesn't leave as much of a white cast or feel as powdery in the hair as some others can. Repurchase? Possibly at some point but there are a few others I want to try out first.


I did a full review of the Nivea Raspberry Rose Lip Butter a while ago (see here), it smells delicious, softens lips really well but leaves a very unflattering pale cast on the lips, such a shame! Repurchase? No


As you can see, I haven't completely finished the Avon Gel Strength Base Coat, but what's left in the bottle (about 1/5) has gone so thick and gloopy that it can't be used. That said, most of the ones I've tried seem to do that and this one did a pretty good job before it got gloopy. Repurchase? Yes


The Body Shop Absinthe Hand Cream was kept in the car and used constantly, it has a really moisturising formula that manages to feel really fresh on the skin and sink in quickly. Repurchase? Yes


The Avon Anew Lip Plumping Conditioner was unfortunately, a huge disappointment. The packaging is gorgeous but the product just didn't deliver. Moisture wise, it was ok, but it left a really thick, unflattering pale cast on the lips that for me makes it a big no-no. Repurchase? No


Benefit Hello Oxygen Flawless Wow Brightening Makeup is the only foundation I've been using for the past couple of months, full review here. It has medium coverage that is really buildable, plus the added SPF 25 is a bonus that makes it great for everyday. Repurchase? I already have another one on the go!


I tried out the Klorane Shampoo with Mango Butter a while ago (full review here) and thought it was really impressive for a budget shampoo. It leaves hair feeling clean but not stripped of all moisture. Since running out I've been using a Charles Worthington Shampoo which I think I prefer. Repurchase? Maybe


Clinique Quickliner for Eyes was another disappointing product, this stuff smudged like crazy. Even if you smudged it on purpose, after a few hours it would have travelled even further. Repurchase? No 


I like to get mini products for when I go away and Lee Stafford are great for that. I got the Hold Tight hairspray a while ago and it's lasted me a good few holidays. It did the job but didn't particularly blow me away. Repurchase? Maybe 










SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt16 February 2014 at 10:36

    I've never tried a hand cream from The Body Shop, but I've heard great things about them, so I'll definitely need to try one :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used plenty of things up! Great post. G

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely should, I'm onto the rose one now which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I seem to go through things so fast :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to pick up the Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose. I have the Vanilla Macadamia scent and it smells heavenly.... but same problem with the white-cast!

    xo Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig