Ad

Monday 23 January 2017

By Terry Ombre Blackstars





When I find a product that works well for me, I have a tendency to buy it in every shade. That's how I've ended up with 6 By Terry Ombre Blackstars. They're just so quick and easy to use that I find myself reaching for them constantly. I think what I love so much about them is that they create maximum impact with minimal effort. 





I just swipe them straight onto the lid, the formula is extremely smooth so they never drag the skin. They pack a serious punch pigment wise so one swipe will do and they never crease or run down your face halfway through the day. Easily the most long-lasting eye makeup product I've ever come across and definitely a good starting point for people who lack skill, time, tools and patience when it comes to eye makeup. Of course you can blend them in with a brush but I find fingers work just as well, you can create a lovely, polished look in about 30 seconds. 




Obviously any of the shades can go anywhere, there aren't any rules. A simple one shade all over the lid can look just as great as a few expertly blended together. My go-to for when I'm getting a bit dressed up is shade 11. Beyond Gold, I love putting it in the inner corner of the eye and the centre of the lid to catch the light. My most used by a long, long way is shade 13. Brown Perfection, which very sadly I seem to now have run out of. It's just so versatile, most days I just use it as an eyeliner that I smudge out a bit but it looks great all over the lid too. 


The only downside? They're not exactly cheap! A great budget alternative would be the Bourjois Colourband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner although they aren't quite as pigmented and don't glide on as smoothly so maybe give them a miss if you have looser skin around the eyelids. I think with the By Terry you're paying for the intensity of pigment, longevity and of course the dreamy luxe packaging!


I'm currently eyeing up 2 more shades, Bronze Moon and Blue Obsession but I think I'll have to replace my trusty Brown Perfection first!


By Terry Ombre Blackstars are £29 each from Space NK and Bourjois Colourband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liners are £5.99 each from Boots.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig