Ad

Monday 20 February 2017

Current Face Mask Roundup



I love a good face mask, in fact I'm a little bit addicted to them. I probably do one 2-3 times a week, every week without fail, sometimes even more. I find there's nothing else quite like them to give my skin a bit of a boost and keep it looking in good shape. I always have a good handful on the go, that way I can dip into whatever I feel my skin needs on the day.
 

First up is Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask, I've been through what feels like about a million tubes of this. I can guarantee my skin will always look a lot better after I've used it and it's super affordable. I'm never without one in my stash. It's a great all rounder as it contains manuka honey to soothe and moisturise, white clay to draw impurities out of pores and papaya enzymes to exfoliate and brighten the skin. If you only get one of these masks, let it be this one. 


I have a couple of options for when my skin needs a full on radiance boost, the Natura Bisse Tolerance Enzyme Peel which is completely on the other end of the scale price wise is a great 5 minute mask that contains a cocktail of lactic acid, salicylic acid and papaya enzymes to exfoliate and brighten skin. It's a good option for those who like a peel/exfoliating mask that doesn't contain glycolic acid. 


The other is the Ren Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial, this stuff is so effective and easy to use, it's always my go-to when I my skin needs a mask but I can't really be bothered to do one. You just cleanse your skin, massage in a couple of pumps, follow with a moisturiser and go to bed, no need to even wash it off. It contains glycolic and lactic acid to exfoliate and vitamin c to brighten, great for those who want to even skin tone and fade pigmentation. 


My current hydrating mask is Rodial's Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Mask, I enjoyed using the night cream and tonic from this range so thought I'd give it a go. Initially I didn't have very high hopes as I felt it was a bit silicone heavy and hyaluronic acid was quite low down on the ingredients list but I have to say it really surprised me! It definitely left my skin feeling smoother and plumped up dehydration lines. 


The Avene Cleanance Mask has sat in my drawer for the last 5 months and has probably only been used about twice, it's a great mask for break outs, oiliness and congested pores but my skin hasn't really needed it lately as it's been a bit more on the dry side. It contains a combination of white clay, glycolic acid and salicylic acid, so it's a great budget alternative to Glamglow masks. 


Yet another skin brightening option is Elemental Herbology Facial Glow, these kinds of masks are definitely my most used as they offer instant results as well as long term benefits. This one contains vitamin c and papaya enzymes to brighten and manuka honey to soothe and moisturise the skin. It's usually my go-to 'pre-party' mask as it leaves the skin looking lovely and fresh without causing any redness or irritation. 


Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask is £5.99 from Boots, Natura Bisse Tolerance Recovery Peel is £84 from Space NK, Ren Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial is £32 from Space NK or $60 from Sephora, Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Mask is £39 from Space NK, Avene Clearance Mask is £15 from Escentual and Elemental Herbology Facial Glow is £40 from Space NK






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig