Ad

Wednesday 23 April 2014

RECIPE: Banana Loaf Cake



Firstly I'd like to point out that this cake isn't going to win any beauty contests so if it's a pretty cake you're after, this isn't really for you. It is however, absolutely delicious! I've made it quite a few times over the last few weeks and it has never lasted more than 24 hours so I thought it was about time I shared the recipe. It's really simple to make, even for a baking novice, and uses ingredients that you probably have lying around the kitchen anyway. 

Here's what you'll need:

115g Sugar
115g Butter
2 Eggs
115g Self Raising Flour
2 Bananas 
Dash of Cinnamon (optional)




Start by whisking or 'creaming' together your butter and sugar.




Add the eggs and whisk again.




Shift in your flour and fold it into the mixture.






In a separate bowl, or in my case mug, mash up your bananas. I find over ripe ones work best. 




Add your mashed bananas into the batter and mix it all in, at this point you can add a dash of cinnamon if you want to.




Grease your loaf tin and pout in the mixture.




Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180° and when it's done just flip it out and wait for it to cool!




This recipe makes quite a small loaf cake, mainly because if I made a big one we'd eat it all in one go! Of course you can double the size of the cake by just doubling the recipe but make sure you adjust the cooking time too.


If you do try out this recipe make sure you tweet me a picture @peonyandpeach I'd love to see how yours turned out! 








SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This looks and sounds sooo delicious! I personally would add a lot more banana because I love banana! I make a mean banana muffins but I haven't tried a cake/load yet! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat with our eyes first, but sometimes, this rustic look makes something look even more amazing.

    PS - Totally following on Twitter now (@jackmise)

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle McWilliam24 April 2014 at 21:21

    I don't even like bananas but this looks sooo yummy even i'm convinced!

    www.notanotherbeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You should definitely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig