Ad

Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Favourites



This month's favourites are a combination of new discoveries and golden oldies. The first product I've been loving is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which I spoke about in more detail a few days ago here. It's a brilliant makeup remover that removes even mascara in a single swipe, doesn't irritate the skin at all and just feels like water. I'm converted.


Next is the long since discontinued Sweet Lemon Shower Gel from The Body Shop (full review here) it has the most delicious, citrusy scent that has been extremely uplifting on these dull spring mornings. I really hope they bring this scent back!


Soap & Glory Hand Food is by far my favourite hand cream of all time, it's extremely moisturising yet non greasy and sinks into the skin straight away. It also smells really good, I stocked up this month while it was on 3 for 2, you can see my full review here.


I'm not usually one for primers but the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch has surprised me, I seem to me using it more and more often. It feels velvety on the skin, makes sure that makeup lasts all day and keeps and oiliness at bay. Full review here.  


The concealer that I've been reaching for pretty much daily as of late is the Clinique Even Better Concealer in Honeycomb. It a shade lighter than my skin tone so I've been using it under the eyes to hide dark circles and brighten up my face. It's really high coverage but also really blendable. Full review here


I'm not an everyday eyeshadow wearer but the Avon SuperShock Vivid Liquid Eyeshadow is so easy to use! Mine's in the shade Chromed Cocoa. I just shake it, dab a bit onto my eyelid with the applicator and then blend it in with my finger. It sets and just doesn't budge. 


What products have you been loving this month?  

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oooo..I sooo want to snatch that lemon shower gel from you! I'm also dying to try soap & glory products this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Garnier Cleansing water, a great (and cheaper) alternative to Bioderma!!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on a hunt for the perfect brush concealer! I have tried YSL and Dior's versions but I think the Stila one is pretty good. I use Medium and it actually has a lot of coverage besides brightening the area! You have very sensible and affordable picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PeonyandPeach1 May 2014 at 12:50

    Haha! Original source do a lemon shower gel, have you tried that one? You definitely have to try Soap & Glory products, they're solo good! My faves are hand food, Flake away and butter yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PeonyandPeach1 May 2014 at 12:51

    I'm really loving it! I hear it's just as good as Bioderma (which I haven't tried)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PeonyandPeach1 May 2014 at 12:52

    Thank you! I've never tried a brush concealer, I always feel like they won't be very high coverage but maybe I should give them a go after all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, you convinced me to try out that Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water!

    I have pretty sensitive skin and I an a little bit afraid, but, still, I will give it a try!
    I love this kind to posts!


    I posted my April Favorites on my blog, if you want to check that out!
    Kisses,
    www.mfashionhour.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have sensitive skin too and it works fine for me, definitely worth a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this post! I bought it, and I am really glad that I did!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig